Monday, December 28, 2009

How could i make my own icons or emicons- the only program i have is Photoshop??

how can i make my own icons (doesnt matter if moving)



and maybe layouts and backgrounds for myspace



How could i make my own icons or emicons- the only program i have is Photoshop??

It depends on what version(s) of Photoshop you have, but it's quite easy with Photoshop 7. All you have to do is open a new canvas in whatever size you'd like; AIM icons are 64x64 pixels, for example. Once your window is open, create your icon with brushes, paint tools, etc. There are websites where you can download extra brushes for more effects. When you're done, save the image as a .psd. Once that's done, go to File%26gt;Save for Web... and select the file type you want the image to be. There are different qualities of JPEGs and GIFs. Dithered GIFs are higher quality, but they take up more space. When you've selected your image file size, click save, and you're done!



In order to make your icons move, you need Adobe ImageReady. I don't remember exactly how to do it, as it's been a while since I made my last icon, but here's one tutorial to help you get going: http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/photosh... Hope all this helps. And sorry, I don't know from MySpace, but I understand they use HTML, and a tutorial can probably be found on that on www.about.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd